How accessible is Cranfield Church of England Academy?
Cranfield Church of England is fully compliant with statutory duties linked to the DDA requirements. We have an Accessibility Plan in place which seeks to maximise access to the school curriculum for any disabled pupil.
- Saint Peter's Site has ramps into the main building and the EYFS building.
- Saint Paul's Site is on one level throughout.
- The playgrounds and the field are fully accessible to wheelchair users or those with physical difficulties.
- There is one disabled toilet on each of the Academy's sites and a wet room at Saint Paul's.
- We ensure that, wherever possible, equipment used is accessible to all children regardless of their needs, and we provide specialist equipment when required to ensure equality of access to the curriculum,
- Breakfast club is accessible to all children, including those with SEN.
- All extra curricular activities are accessible for children with SEN.
- All children at Cranfield Church of England academy are entitled to attend visits off site, and all reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure this can happen for your child. This may mean additional staffing is provided to support your child on a trip / visit outside the school.
- The school will make all reasonable adjustments to the curriculum and the environment to ensure equality of access for your child.