Nadine Dorries Visits Cranfield Academy
On Friday 21st April 2017, our Academy Parliament were delighted to welcome our Member of Parliament, Nadine Dorries to Cranfield Church of England Academy. Ms Dorries presented our Celebration Certificates to children at St Peter’s site and then took questions from the Parliament at our St Paul’s Site. Ms Dorries commented on the questions we had asked. She found them to be very insightful and she wasn’t expecting this depth of questions from such young children.
Below are our Parliamentarians responses to the visit…
‘When she answered Skylah’s question I knew she had responsibilities but I didn’t know she had that many!’ - Sienna
- ‘I found out that there were more MPs than I thought there would be’. - Skylah
- ‘I liked finding out how many MPs there are and what goes on in Parliament.’ - Ridley.
- 'I enjoyed finding out how MPs worked’. - Bello
- ‘I like MPs because they say interesting things.’ - Dominic
- ‘I liked our trip to the other site.’ - Elsie
- ‘I found out that somethings are very important to do as an MP’ - Holly.
- ‘I didn’t know Ms Dorries had that many jobs!’ - Mena
- ‘I couldn’t believe how many MPs there are in the Houses of Parliament’ - Hayden.
- ‘I enjoyed learning facts about MPs’. - Eliot
- ‘When Ms Dorries said about being out of Europe, it made me think again about my decision’ - Henry
- ‘I enjoyed listening to our MP because she talked about things I didn’t know about’ - Issy.
- ‘When Ms Dorries answered our questions, she said it in an interesting way and we found out more.’ - Katie
- ‘I enjoyed finding out about all of Ms Dorries jobs’ - Alice.
- ‘I enjoyed learning about what an MP’s life is like’ - Erin
- ‘I enjoyed listening to our MP when she answered my question’ - Emily
- ‘I enjoyed finding out about how all of her days are different’ - Colby.