The Academy was inspected on the the 15th and 16th October 2014. The entire staff were extremely proud of our Ofsted Inspection Report and the views reflected in the Ofsted Parent View survey. We were delighted that our judgements of leadership and management, quality of teaching, achievement and behaviour and safety matched those of the inspectors. Equally, the priority areas identified within the school development plan were ratified by the Inspection Team. A selection of Ofsted findings can be read below:
- “The spiritual, moral, cultural and social development of pupils is outstanding.”
- “The school’s work to ensure that children are safe is outstanding.”
- “Pupils all said they felt safe in school because their teachers cared about them.”
- “The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. They are respectful towards one another and adults.”
- “Pupils appreciate the wide range of clubs and activities held at lunchtime.”
- “The school is well led by the Headteacher.”
- “Parents say they are well informed and value the workshops run by the school.”
- “The school provides a rich, broad and balanced curriculum.”
- “Governors are highly ambitious for the school and are effective in challenging the senior leaders.”
- The school makes effective use of both the pupil premium and sports premium it receives.
- “The school promotes equal opportunities for all.”
- “Pupils with special educational needs and those for whom English is an additional language receive effective support.”
- “Pupils are proud of their school and show a love of learning.”
- “Pupils are enthusiastic about their learning.”
- “The school provides a safe and stimulating learning environment where all pupils achieve well.”
- “Teachers listen carefully to pupils and check their understanding.”
We encourage you to take time to absorb the full report of which we are very proud. We hope you can see within the report’s content the continued enhancement of Cranfield Church of England Academy as a happy, nurturing, safe, Christian Academy where pupils are keen to learn and everyone is valued.
Ofsted Inspection - 2010
The Academy, previously Cranfield VC Lower School, was inspected on the 14th and 15thJune 2010. The entire staff were extremely proud of our Ofsted Inspection Report. A selection of Ofsted findings can be read below:
“Pupils work productively and harmoniously.”
“Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding.”
“Care, guidance and support for pupils is outstanding.”
“By the end of Key Stage 1, pupils consistently attain above the national average.”
“A wide range of ethnic and cultural backgrounds work and play together harmoniously”.
“A welcoming, friendly learning environment in which all pupils feel safe and well cared for”.