Our Senior Leadership Team
The Academy's Ethos, Aims and Whole School Objectives are driven forwards by the Senior Leadership Team. All experienced teachers, the Senior Leaders meet regularly to ensure the smooth running and ongoing improvement of the Academy. They are passionate practioners, united in making Cranfield Church of England Academy the very best place to be. Find out more about each Senior Leader and the work of the team below.
Mrs Joanna Farbon - Headteacher
I have the privilege of being Headteacher at Cranfield. I have overall responsibility of driving school improvement, developing our Christian Character and working with Governors on making Cranfield the very best school to educate children both academically, spiritually and morally. I have joint responsibility for Safeguarding with Mrs Dormer.
Mrs Jo Dormer - Deputy Headteacher & SENDCo
I am delighted to hold the post of Deputy Headteacher at Cranfield. I have a passion for ensuring every child reaches their full potential within a safe, nurturing environment. I am responsible for assessment within the school and also hold the post of SENCO. I am jointly responsible for Safeguarding within the school.
Mr Joseph Piatczanyn - Deputy Headteacher & Key Stage One Leader
Having been at Cranfield Academy since being a newly qualified teacher and having been Key Stage Leader of both Key Stage One and Two and Assistant Headteacher, I am delighted to now be working alongside Mrs Dormer as a second Deputy Headteacher. I have a strong passion for our school motto of “enjoying, achieving and learning” and am passionate about developing our Academy's strong Christian and Values-based ethos.
Miss Tory Hill - Key Stage Two Leader
My role as a class teacher and leader of Key Stage One enables me to work alongside the rest of the SLT to achieve the Academy’s vision and aims. I am driven to continue to develop the International ethos of the school and am the Maths subject Leader.
Mrs Jessica Ryan - Early Years Foundation Stage LeaderI am very pleased to have joined Cranfield Academy at such an exciting time! As well as teaching in Reception, I lead the the Early Years Foundation Stage, which includes our new Pre-School, Little Cranes!
How do the Senior Leadership Team Drive Improvement?
What are the Senior Leadership Team's Values for Leadership?
- Rigour - Being rigorous, in always being 'Cranfield'.
- Opportunities exploited - Opportunities exploited for all at Cranfield.
- Determination - Determined to provide the very best each and every day.
- Pride - Proud to be Cranfield.
- Outstanding Learning - Aspiring for the very best for our children.
- Committed to Communities - A commitment to truly being at the heart of Cranfield village.
- Open Leadership - Ensuring transparency, effective communication and a motivated team.
- The Right Way - It may not always be easy, but we will ensure what we do is right.
- Positive - Approaching challenge with the right attitude.
- Decisions for Cranfield - Always considering if it is right for 'Cranfield'.