Here are some useful websites that may may support families knowledge of healthy lifestyles. We are very proud to be a healthy school.
Here are some useful websites linking with our local authority and family support.
Here are some useful websites related to Special Educational Needs.
Should you require advice, or have any questions about Special Educational Needs, please do not hesitate to contact our Special Educational Needs Coordinator, Mrs J. Dormer.
Here are some useful websites linking to E-Safety. A synopsis of each website has been provided, as you may choose to use some with your children.
- http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk - An educational website designed specifically for young children, teachers and carers. Activities on this website can be enjoyed with your children, as well as information being provided to support parents.
- http://www.getsafeonline.org/ - A comprehensive website on internet safety for parents including a section on safeguarding children on the internet.
- http://www.kidsmart.org.uk/parents/ - An award winning website, providing useful information for parents as well as activities for children to enjoy and learn from.
- http://www.netsmartzkids.org/ - A vibrant and entertaining website, allowing children to be totally cool and show their friends how much they know about Internet safety by watching the video clips, reading the e-books and playing the games.
- http://www.att.com/Common/images/safety/game.html - Visit Safety Land, normally, a very nice place to live, but a nasty character is sending yucky emails and messages. Captain Broadband needs your help to find the nasty character. You need to navigate around Safety land answering questions. When you have answered them all correctly, the nasty character will be taken to jail and you’ll become a certified hero, just like Captain Broadband.
- http://www.vodafone.com/content/parents/digital-parenting.html - The Digital Parenting website and magazines offer parents information and advice about the latest digital technologies and the kind of challenges children and teenagers might face in their digital world. Their Expert View articles, ‘How to’ guides and Take Action checklists will help you to stay up-to-date and feel more confident about getting involved with e-safety.
- https://www.net-aware.org.uk - From Facebook and Instagram to Snapchat and Tumblr, a simple no-nonsense guide for parents from NSPCC and O2 to the social media, apps and games that kids use!
http://parentzone.org.uk/about-us - Parent Zone is devoted to providing expert information to families and schools. We find, curate and check the best available information on all of the issues that are caused or amplified by the internet.
Should you require advice, or have any questions about e-safety, please do not hesitate to contact our Computing Leader, Miss J.Connell or our Deputy Headteacher, Mr J. Piatczanyn.