At Cranfield Academy we are proud to use the income from Pupil Premium to endeavour to ensure any child who meets the criteria for the funding allocated to the school is given targeted and strategic support to learn as effectively as possible. The principles below guide our spending decisions.
Pupil Premium Proposed Expenditure for 2016 to 2017
- The 2016 - 2017 Pupil Premium Action Plan can be viewed by clicking here.
- The proposed expenditure for the current academic year can be viewed by clicking here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to speak to Mr J Piatczanyn.
Historical Pupil Premium Documents
- Click here to view our Pupil Premium policy.
- Click here to view the 2012 - 2013 Pupil Premium Report.
- Click here to view the 2013 - 2014 Pupil Premium Report.
- Click here to view the 2014 - 2015 Pupil Premium Report.
- Click here to view the 2015 - 2016 Pupil Premium Report.
What are the qualifying benefits to apply for Pupil Premium funding?
The qualifying benefits to receive free school meals are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
- they are currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
- they have left care in England or Wales through an adoption, a special guardianship order or a child arrangement order.
From September 2014, every child in Early Years Foundation Stage, Year One and Year Two will receive a free school meal. You will not have to receive a qualifying benefit for your child in any of these year groups to get a free school meal, but if you are getting a qualifying benefit, please do tell us as we will receive extra funding from the Government to support your child's education.
If you think you meet the free school meals eligibility criteria, please call the Central Bedfordshire Pupil Premium and Free School Meals hotline on 0300 300 8306. When you call to apply, please have the following information ready:
- National Insurance numbers and dates of birth for you and your partner
- Dates of birth for your children
- If you receive support from the National Asylum Support Service, your NASS number