At Cranfield Church of England Academy we believe that a caring school promotes the welfare, health, safety and guidance of every child. We recognise our statutory duty and pastoral duty to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our pupils.
The school's work to ensure that children are safe is outstanding - Ofsted, 2014.
The school places extremely high importance on safeguarding...all staff share in the focus on keeping children safe and understand their responsibilities. Priority is given to safeguarding and procedures are robust. - Safeguarding Audit, Lesley Pollard, 2014.
Lead Designated Person:
At Cranfield Church of England Academy, the lead Designated Person is Mrs Jo Dormer. Mrs Dormer has responsibility for the safeguarding of all children at school. It is her responsibility to ensure that all concerns are recorded accurately and referred to the appropriate agency quickly to ensure that necessary actions are taken to promote children’s welfare.
It is the lead DP’s responsibility to ensure that all staff and volunteers are trained to an appropriate level and are confident in sharing concerns they have with the lead DP. This training takes place each year.
Each term the DP meets with the Safeguarding Governor to ensure that they are kept up to date with the developments in Safeguarding. At no point during these meetings are individual cases discussed.
In the absence of Mrs Dormer, either Mrs Farbon (Headteacher) or Mr Piatczanyn (Deputy Headteacher) will lead as detailed above. Both members of the Senior Leadership Team have received the same level of training, are aware of all policies and procedures and liaise regularly with Mrs Dormer.
If you have a concern about the safety of a child, please use one of the following contacts or documents to voice your concerns…
- Central Bedfordshire Local Safeguarding Board
- Police: telephone 999
- Relay Leaflet for Parents
- Useful Safeguarding Contacts in Central Bedfordshire
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Agency www.ceop.org.uk
...or contact Mrs Dormer, Mrs Farbon or Mr Piatczanyn at Cranfield Church of England Academy on 01234 750261.
- Click here to download the Academy Safeguarding Policy
- Click here to download the Safeguarding for Visitors Leaflet
- Click here to download the Safeguarding for Volunteers Leaflet
- Click here to see how we teach safeguarding to children.
You may also find the following policies useful to support your understanding of safeguarding procedures in our school and Pre-School:
- Medical Procedures Policy
- Intimate Care Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Staff Code of Conduct
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Guidance on the Use of Reasonable Force
- Attendance Policy
- Worship and Values Policy
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Computer Security, E-Safety, Acceptable Use and Disaster Recovery Policy
- Use of Photography & Video Recording Policy
- Educational Visits and Trips Policy
- PSCHE Policy
Useful NSPCC Documents:
- Simple conversations to keep your child safe - PANTS
- Your Child's Online World - A Guide for Parents - NSPCC
- Is my child ready to be left alone? - NSPCC
Photography in School:
Please note that all parent's are asked each year in the Home School Authorisation Form for permission in the taking of and use of photos within the Academy's publicity materials, website and newsletters. We ensure this is adhered to. Within school, we are delighted to be able to invite family members to many events. Unfortunately, we are unable to permit the taking of photos within these events, but will always provide opportunity after the given event for you to take photos of your child on their own. We appreciate your support and understanding with this.