As children in Little Cranes Pre-School look to begin their first school year, whether it be Cranfield Church of England Academy or otherwise, ensuring your child is ready for this exciting next stage is a priority for us. We want to ensure your child has the very best foundations on which to build and below is a comprehensive list of the skills and attributes we will work with you on to ensure your child achieves.
- Do I recognise and respond to my own name?
- Can I speak to an adult politely?
- Can I talk in full sentences?
- Am I developing a rich and detailed vocabulary?
- Do I know when to ask for help?
- Am I aware and respectful of my friends around me?
- Can I sit still and listen when asked?
- Can I take turns and share nicely with my friends
- Do I understand words like 'no' and 'stop' and understand that this may be to keep me safe?
- Can I visit the toilet without the help of a grown-up?
- Can I take my coat off and get dressed and undressed on my own?
- Can I open and enjoy a book independently and with a grown-up?