What support do Cranfield Academy provide to you as a parent of a child with SEN?
Cranfield Academy is proud of the relationships it builds with parents and carers. We recognise that you know your child and their needs, and acknowledge the huge importance of working together with you to provide the best possible education for your child. We recognise that if we build effective, trusting relationships with you, this will have a beneficial impact on your child’s progress. In addition to all the arrangements we have for all children at the school, e.g. parent's evenings, headteacher tea parties, parent workshops, we also aim to achieve this by:
- Will be regularly available to discuss your child’s progress and any concerns you may have.
- Will communicate with you regularly in the home school link book, and where appropriate may also have a daily communication book.
- Will meet you formally at least 3 times a year to discuss progress, targets and next steps in learning, and will formalise this in your child’s IEP.
- Will ensure Learning at Home is appropriate for your child.
- Will support the teaching assistant supporting your child to communicate regularly with you. ( if your child has a statement of SEN, or an EHC plan)
- Will keep you informed of any additional interventions / approaches being used to support your child.
- Will share successes with you
- Will liaise with you about any changes to the normal school day eg. School trips , sports events etc.
- Has an open door policy and is happy to meet you at any time, to discuss your child’s needs
- Holds SEN drop in sessions
- Ensures smooth communication about your child with all involved in their support.
- Can signpost you to other services if you require specialist support.