General Learning Support
There is a wealth of wonderful online learning resources which will provide you with support and fun. Please make use of the many links below.
Useful Learning Resources:
- https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv - a free daily workout at 9.00am, hosted by the popular Joe Wicks!
- www.twinkl.co.uk – Twinkl is a hugely comprehensive resource bank for learning resources, offering parents and teachers a One Month Ultimate Membership , totally free of charge. Setting this up is really easy to do - go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
- www.oxfordowl.co.uk – E-Books that match our reading scheme. You can filter for your child’s current and next stages. Username: Cranfield Password: crane
- www.kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/ - Free trial of fun, engaging and practical learning activities for children to enjoy. Simply sign up and register your child for free access.
- www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/blog/teachers-send-teach-monster-learn-to-read-app-home-coronavirus - The groundbreaking game that makes learning to read fun are currently providing free access to their website and app.
- www.classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html - cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video.
- www.phonicsplay.co.uk - now free for all, a resource / game website to support children's phonics development. Username: march20 Password: home
- www.storytimeonline.net - Storyline Online streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- www.doorwayonline.org.uk - a collection of free and highly accessible educational games that learners will find easy to use independently.
- www.topmarks.co.uk - Topmarks has a wealth of fun and interactive games for many curriculum areas.
- www.ictgames.com - A range of free interactive games for all curriculum areas.
- http://casm.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Non-screen-activities-from-Pobble.pdf - A range of non-screen activities for children to complete at home.
- www.family.gonoodle.com - a range of resources linked to different areas of the curriculum. Children can participate in mindfulness activities, sensory activities and a range of movement types such as workouts or guided dances to ensure that they are still keeping active at home.
- www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga - Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation vdeos designed specially for kids aged 3+, used in schools and homes all over the world.
- www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary - a wealth of learning information and activities from the BBC.
- https://worldstories.org.uk/ - a growing collection of stories from around the world, presented in many languages. The collection includes retold traditional tales and new short stories in the languages most spoken by UK children.
- https://www.familydaystriedandtested.com/free-virtual-tours-of-world-museums-educational-sites-galleries-for-children/ - free virtual tours of world museums, educational sites & galleries.
- https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ - a series of five brand new maths lessons for each year group from Years 1-8. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully.
- https://plprimarystars.com/ - a wide collection of free, curriculum-linked activities to educate and entertain children at home. You can find lots of ideas for helping your children get active, as well as fun videos, games and worksheets for Maths, English and Health and Wellbeing.
- https://stories.audible.com/discovery - for as long as schools are closed, Audible s making hundreds of titles available for free to help people cope with self-isolation during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Out of the Ark Music at Home - Music has an extraordinary power to bring us together, it can lift us when we feel low, energise us when we feel tired, and is something we all have in common. So, to help with the rhythms and routines of our new daily lives, Out of the Ark are releasing seven songs, one for each day, all with challenges and activities related to each song.
- David Walliams Daily Story - David Walliams is releasing a free audio book each day for thirty days! A chance for your children to sit and listen to a story being told.
Online Subscriptions which you already have access to:
- www.ttrockstars.com - a carefully sequenced and engaging programme of daily times tables practice. Your child's log-in is available in their Home School Link.
- www.play.numbots.com - aimed at boosting addition and subtraction skills.
- www.discoveryeducation.com - a curriculum-centred primary teaching resource.
- www.educationcity.com - engaging, educational resources and games for children aged 3 to 12 years old.