At Cranfield Church of England Academy, we aim to inspire pupils to become curious and explorative thinkers with a diverse knowledge of the world; in other words, to think like a geographer. We want our pupils to develop the confidence to question and present their findings. Through our scheme of work, we aim to build an awareness of how Geography shapes out lives at multiple scales and over time. We hope to encourage pupils to become resourceful, active citizens who will have the skills to contribute to and improve the world around them.
At Cranfield, we actively encourage the following;
- A strong focus on developing both geographical skills and knowledge
- Critical thinking, with the ability to ask perceptive questions and explain and analyse evidence
- The development of fieldwork skills across each year group
- A deep interest and knowledge of pupils’ locality and how it differs from other areas of the world
- A growing understanding of geographical terms and vocabulary