Mrs J Dormer
At Cranfield Academy we are proud to use the income from Pupil Premium to endeavour to ensure any child who meets the criteria for the funding allocated to the school is given targeted and strategic support to learn as effectively as possible. Pupil Premium at Cranfield Church of England Academy is led by Mrs Jo Dormer. Mrs Dormer ensures the very best spending of the Pupil Premium fund, in order to best champion the life opportunities of those entitled to the fund. Mrs Dormer is happy to support any parent, colleague or other agency with any questions they may have regarding Pupil Premium at Cranfield Church of England Academy.
The principles below guide all actions towards Pupil Premium at the Academy:
In addition to the principles above, we also use 'John Dunford's 12 ways to get the most out of Pupil Premium funding' to guide and improve our use of the Pupil Premium funds received. Finally, we are guided by our Policy, which can be seen below.
Pupil Premium Strategy for 2017 to 2018
- The 2017 - 2018 Pupil Premium Strategy can be viewed by clicking here.
Pupil Premium Reports for 2016 to 2017
What are the qualifying benefits to apply for Pupil Premium funding?
The qualifying benefits to receive free school meals are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
- they are currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
- they have left care in England or Wales through an adoption, a special guardianship order or a child arrangement order.
From September 2014, every child in Early Years Foundation Stage, Year One and Year Two will receive a free school meal. You will not have to receive a qualifying benefit for your child in any of these year groups to get a free school meal, but if you are getting a qualifying benefit, please do tell us as we will receive extra funding from the Government to support your child's education.
If you think you meet the free school meals eligibility criteria, please call the Central Bedfordshire Pupil Premium and Free School Meals hotline on 0300 300 8306. When you call to apply, please have the following information ready:
- National Insurance numbers and dates of birth for you and your partner
- Dates of birth for your children
- If you receive support from the National Asylum Support Service, your NASS number
Following the discussion, if eligibility is confirmed, please inform the Office Team immediately.