We are fortunate to receive regular feedback from many friends and visitors of our school on our SEND provision. These can include parents, colleagues from other schools and professional agencies, students or trainee teachers. We appreciate any feedback given to the Academy - it allows us to celebrate our successes with Special Educational Needs and disabilities and gain views about our provision!
Please find below examples of recent feedback given to us from parents:
- "The SEND Support for our family has been brilliant. I recommend the school to everyone I speak to. I feel that I am able to come to speak to anyone about even the smallest things. SEND communication has been excellent."
- “My son has settled well into Y1 – I’m so pleased with his progress.”
- “Amazing support! We couldn’t wish for better SEND support. We feel our child is thriving and is supported in every way through school. We feel the communication is exceptional and that our child is able to join school life alongside his peers successfully. Thank you for allowing our child to feel safe with you.”
- “I feel that my daughter and I are VERY supported with SEND learning. I know where she is and what the next steps are for her which enable me to support her at home to prepare for her next steps.”
- “My child loves Pre-School – this is down to the care and understanding he receives – an absolutely outstanding team!”
- “My daughter loves school – the staff really understand her and she is making excellent progress.”
- “The staff are amazing – my son has made great progress and is really enjoying all the topics in school.”
“Open, honest communication is great. I can talk to teachers whenever I need. I never feel criticised or ashamed to ask for support or guidance as I’m always welcomed by staff."
“Everyone is very supportive and helpful and my child’s behaviour has improved because of the support he gets. Thank you.”
“The transition to Reception was spot on for my child. I think it made all the difference for him knowing where he was going to be and with whom from an early time. Having his core group of friends staying with him has also been instrumental in his setting in. We are very grateful and delighted with his start to school. He is really flourishing.”
“Excellent support for parents and children.”
“Since my child has started at Cranfield Academy I’ve had so much support. My child is happy and enjoys school.”
Please find below examples of recent feedback given to us from external professionals:
- Hanneke Lee, Autism Advisory Teacher - "I wanted to let you know that it has been my pleasure and privilege to work with you and all the wonderful pupils that I have been able to support at Cranfield Academy over the past 12 years. As a school you do wonders for those with additional educational needs; I have many fond memories and it was always a pleasure to visit."
- Georgie Johnstone, Special Educational Needs Advisiroy Teacher, September 2021 - "I had the pleasure of visiting Cranfield Academy on 22nd September 2021, and felt warmly welcomed by both staff and students. The purpose of my visit was to introduce myself as the schools allocated Special Educational Needs Advisory Teacher (SENDAT), discuss a self-evaluation tool - completed by Jo Dormer - and have a tour of the school to further understand the context; working specifically to support the provision and growth of SEND. Throughout my visit, I noticed and appreciated the staffs understanding and commitment to inclusivity, rigorous monitoring and progress tracking procedures and clear implementation of the schools’ values and areas highlighted on this academic years development plan. I am looking forward to visiting again after the half term, and working with the school to continue to promote best practice in SEND."
- Lesley Harrison, Retiring SEND Advisory Teacher, July 2020- "I have enjoyed the many visits to Cranfield Academy and working with you and the amazing staff. You do a fantastic job and give the children such dedicated support that they can only thrive in your care."