Understanding War & Conflict
We are aware that at times of war and conflict in our world it is important we offer appropriate support for our children and families.
At present, the situation in Ukraine is incredibly difficult to watch and hard to imagine that in 2023 our world finds itself in such turmoil. Long may schools like Cranfield teach the importance of values, the beauty of diversity and the importance of love and peace.
In school, we will be answering questions we have from children in an age-appropriate and sensitive way. If the need arises to discuss the situation at present as a school, you will be informed of what is shared.
- CBBC Newsround – Advise if you’re upset by the news.
- How to talk to children about what's happening in Ukraine (YoungMinds)
- How to talk to children about what’s happening in Ukraine (Metro)
- Supporting your child if they see upsetting content online about what is happening in Ukraine (Childnet)
- Help for teachers and families to talk to pupils about what is happening in Ukraine and how to help them avoid misinformation.
- Worrying about Russia and Ukraine (Childline)