We are a BDAP Support Hub
What is a BDAP Support Hub?
Bedfordshire Domestic Abuse Partnership (BDAP) Support Hub Scheme promotes certain places in our local communities can:
- offer a safe space for someone to go to who needs to access support
- offer a safe space for someone to contact a support service to help them safely end an abusive or controlling relationship
A BDAP Support Hub is an area in a public building that enables someone experiencing domestic abuse to be able to make a confidential call, use the internet safely to get help or to just be somewhere safe.
The BDAP Support Hub will display, if possible, information about the local and national services that can support survivors or victims. If these information details can’t be displayed for some reason, the BDAP Support Hub would provide access to the information for people who need it.
Staff who manage and work in the BDAP Support Hub do not need to be experts in domestic abuse. Just having information about support services displayed and providing a safe environment for someone affected by domestic abuse to make a call or access on-line services, could make a big difference.
What does Clare's Law do?
The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (“Clare's Law”) was legislation developed and introduced in the UK and Wales in 2014. The law allows the police to disclose information to victims of domestic violence, on request, about a partner's previous history of domestic/intimate partner violence or violent acts.
- Domestic abuse is a pattern of behaviour on the part of the abuser designed to control their partner. It can happen at any point in a relationship, including after you have split up.
- Domestic abuse can happen to anyone, regardless of age, background, gender, religion, sexuality or ethnicity.
- Domestic abuse is never the fault of the person who is experiencing it.
- Domestic abuse is a crime.
Local Support Telephone Numbers:
- Bedfordshire Signpost Hub - 0800 028 2887
- Bedford Women's Centre - 01234 316801
- Stepping Stones - 01582 457114
- Sorted Bedfordshire - 01582 674442
National Support Services:
- Free National Dometisc Abuse Helpline - 0808 2000 247 (offers live chat service)
- Victim Support - 08 08 16 89 111
- MALE (Mens Advice Line) - 0808 801 0327 (web chat available)
- Embrace - 0345 609 9960
- LGBTQ+ DV Helpline - 0300 9995428 ( offers live chat service)
- Karma Nirvana - 'Honour' - Based Abuse Helpline - 0800 5999 247
- National Stalking Helpline - 0808 802 0300
- Respect Phone line - 0808 802 4040 (for those who are worried about or want to change their behaviour)